Sex addiction Hypnotherapy
Sex addiction is the term used to describe any sexual activity that the you feel is excessive or is out of your control. The condition is also known as sexual compulsion and sexual dependency disorder and can be easily helped with sex addiction hypnotherapy.
When you have a sex addiction, you feel you absolutely must look for and take part in sexual behaviour to satisfy your needs, even though this may cause problems in your personal life, work and social life.
Sexual activity may mean sex with your partner or other person, but it can also include excessive masturbation, use of pornography, online chat rooms, phone sex or frequenting prostitutes.
What is a sex addiction?
Having a high sex drive or libido does not mean you have an addiction. Neither does regular use of pornography, cybersex or other sexual activities.If you take part in regular sexual activity it is considered healthy. It’s when you feel you can no longer control these actions that it may be a problem. If you’re having sex that is or might be putting you or other people at risk, or it’s having a negative effect on your own or another person’s life, then you may be suffering a sex addiction.
Signs of a sex addictionIt is important for you to understand the difference between what is a healthy sex life and an addiction.
The following may not precisely describe how you’re feeling or your experience, but these are the type of behaviours often associated with a sex addiction.
- Seeking frequent casual sex with one or multiple partners.
- Having affairs even if you are in a steady relationship.
- Excessive use of pornography. To such an extent that it gets in the way of daily activities, such as work and home life.
- You feel you want to stop having sex but you are unable to. This lack of control goes further than a general enjoyment of sex, and may even lead to an active dislike of it.
- Using sex as a distraction or coping mechanism. If you feel like you need to have sex for emotional reasons or to distract you from life’s stresses, your behaviour could be an addiction.
- Needing more and more sexual encounters to get the same ‘high’.
- Feeling low and guilty afterwards – being unable to do anything about something you know is harming you can have a detrimental effect on your mental well-being.
- Spending a long time planning your next sex. This is typical of obsessive behaviour and can be dangerous for both you and the people you meet.
- Missing important events or work to engage in sex activities. This may result in you feeling as though your entire life has been taken over by your addiction.
Overcoming a sex addiction
If you think you have a sex addiction, or are worried about your habits, tackling it on your own can be a very scary thought.
As with any addiction recognising and accepting that you may have a problem are the first steps to your recovery. After this, you can begin to take the next steps. The journey is different for everyone and one person’s experience will differ to yours, but suggested steps include:
Accepting the problem and confiding in others
When you feel ready to talk about your addiction, confide in someone you trust. If this isn’t possible, or you’re not ready to talk to a close friend or family member, consider speaking to a professional. Asking for help isn’t easy, but it’s OK to need extra support. Also, talking to someone about how you feel is often a huge relief, especially if you’ve been keeping it to yourself for a long time.
Hypnotherapy for sex addiction
Hypnotherapy can provide you with considerable support in overcoming your sex addiction. For hypnotherapy for sex addiction to be effective, you will first have to accept that you a problem. You will then have to want to make a change. While certain behaviours can be changed through hypnotherapy, you must want to change the problem for the hypnotherapy to be successful. Recognising your problem and wanting to change will result in you being more open to the subliminal suggestions that I will give to you during the session.
Hypnotherapy for sex addiction focuses on both the addiction itself and any possible triggers. I will typically ask you to think about any particular situations you believe to be a trigger for your sex addiction. For example, do you find yourself wanting to engage in sex after an argument, or stressful experience? I may also be asked to recall moments where you crave sex, and when you don’t.
What to expect from a Sex Addiction hypnotherapy session
With sex addiction hypnotherapy I aim to access your subconscious and change the thoughts and behaviours I believe to be causing the problem. Hypnotherapy uses the power of suggestion to alter the way you think and react to given to situations. Your hypnotherapy sessions will depend on you as an individual, as well as taking into consideration your triggers, your past experiences and lifestyle. If your sex addiction is believed to be a result of a past experience, for example, hypnotherapy can help you through the recovery journey.
Home visits across the North East of England 1 to 1 sessions area are also available by Skype
Hypnotherapy Home visits are available across the North East of England, From Morpeth and Ashington in the North to Middlesbrough and Darlington in the South. From Whitley Bay in the East to Hexham and Corbridge in the West
0191 440 8649
0191 645 50 60
or Mobile 07596 673319
Got a Question? Complete the inquiry form for a speedy and confidential response.