I offer a home visit Counselling service within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Counselling is a type of talking therapy that allows you to talk about your problems and feelings and issues in a confidential and safe environment.
A Counsellor is trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes, an old Red Indian proverb was ‘To know how another man feels you must first walk one mile in his moccasins’). Your Counselling can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings you have.
What is Counselling used for?
It can be used to help with many different issues, including:
- borderline personality disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- long-term illnesses
- eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia
How Counselling can help
With Counselling I aim to help you deal with and overcome your issues that are causing you emotional pain or making you feel uncomfortable.
I can provide a safe and regular space for you to talk and explore difficult feelings. Primarily I am there to support you and respect your views. As a Counsellor I won’t usually give advice, but will help you find your own insights into and understanding of your problems.
Counselling can help you:
- cope with a bereavement or relationship breakdown
- help cope with redundancy or work-related stress
- explore issues such as sexual identity
- deal with issues preventing you achieving your ambitions
- help deal with feelings of depression or sadness, and have a more positive outlook on life
- deal with feelings of anxiety, helping you worry less about things
- understand yourself and your problems better
- feel more confident
- develop a better understanding of other people’s points of view
Because Counselling can often involve talking about difficult or painful feelings and, as you begin to face them, you may feel worse in some ways. However, with the help and support of Counselling, you should gradually start to feel better.
In most cases, it takes a number of sessions before the Counselling starts to make a difference, and a regular commitment is required to make the best use of the therapy.
What to expect from me
During your sessions, you’ll be encouraged to express your feelings and emotions. By discussing your concerns with you, I can help you gain a better understanding and grasp of your feelings and thought processes, as well as finding your own solutions to those issues.
It can be a great relief to share your worries and fears with someone who acknowledges your feelings and is able to help you reach a positive solution.
Home visits across the North East of England 1 to 1 sessions area are also available by Skype
Hypnotherapy Home visits are available across the North East of England, From Morpeth and Ashington in the North to Middlesbrough and Darlington in the South. From Whitley Bay in the East to Hexham and Corbridge in the West
0191 440 8649
0191 645 50 60
or Mobile 07596 673319
Got a Question? Complete the inquiry form for a speedy and confidential response.